Normally the default Ubuntu use Gnome as a desktop environment. But canonical decided to remove Gnome and replace Unity as DE. And Kubuntu use KDE as its default desktop environment. If you like more eye candy function, if you like more glamorous environment on your computer desktop, then Kubuntu is perfect for you. As the Kubuntu site said:
Built on Ubuntu's core and polished with KDE’s applications and workspaces, Kubuntu 12.04 LTS is a grand example of friendly, fast and beautiful software. We recommend it as the perfect OS for casual users, students, Linux gamers, software developers, professionals, and anyone interested in a free, open platform that is both beautiful and useful.
|Kubuntu 12.04 wallpaper and desktop|
- Download site
- for i386 computer: kubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso (698MB, torrent)
- for 64 bit machine: kubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso (698MB, torrent).
Do you love your child very much? Then I must suggest you that it is the right and perfect open source operating system for your child under 16.
|Edubuntu 12.04 login screen and desktop wallpaper|
Edubuntu is a grassroots movement, we aim to get Ubuntu into schools, homes and communities and make it easy for users to install and maintain their systems. We are students, teachers, parents and hackers who believe that learning and knowledge should be available to everyone who wants to improve themselves and the world around them.It can be use as a default system at your home or school or any kids training center.
- Download website
- For i385 (regular pc): edubuntu-12.04-dvd-i386.iso (2,659MB, torrent)
- For 64 bit computer: edubuntu-12.04-dvd-amd64.iso (2,678MB, torrent).
|Lubuntu 12.04 desktop wallpaper|
Lubuntu is lightweight , energy saving and faster operating system for low configured hardware. I personally like Lubuntu for its smooth behavior. Lubuntu is for fast and easier use. It is not resource hungry like other os. So you can use it for your old computer and netbooks. It include pcmanfm as file manager. LXDM for desktop management. Leafpad as default text editor (not word editor) and the default web browser is Chromium. As for office management a light word processor Abiword and light spreadsheet program Gnumeric (both compatible with Microsoft Office™ documents) are included with Lubuntu. Organize your life with Osmo. Evince reader for PDF files. This 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) version of Lubuntu will be supported until October 2015. Lubuntu will run normally on 256 MB physical RAM. Read more about Lubuntu at homepage. Read Lubuntu one stop thread at Ubuntu Forum for tips and tricks. Five handy Lubuntu tips might help you and save your time. Visit Lubuntu blog to view more updated news.
Complete list of applications can be found on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications
- Download website:
- For i386 (regular PC): lubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso (688MB, torrent)
- For amd processor or 64 bit PC: lubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso (697MB, torrent).
- You can install it on Mac
- 64-bit Mac (AMD64) desktop CD (Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the Intel x86 images instead. This image is adjusted to work properly on Mac systems.)
- Mac (PowerPC) and IBM-PPC (POWER5) desktop CD (For Apple Macintosh G3, G4, and G5 computers, including iBooks and PowerBooks as well as IBM OpenPower machines.)
It is an another lightweight distribution based on Xfce desktop environment. Xfce is a stable, light and configurable desktop environment and it taste like windows explorer.
|Xubuntu 12.04 desktop and wallpaper|