Some Folders to know in Lubuntu

Today I am writing about some folder which we can remember for further tweeks on Lubuntu (An lxde based distro from Ubuntu). In my side I am running Lubuntu 12.04 in some poor hardware. No problem at all. I am exploring and discovering many interesting things day by day. Using Lxde is really fast and funny. I like to write Lubuntu / Lxde experience in near future regularly.
I found some folders in Lubuntu which are used simultaneously everyday. I am writing their name in this post to just know about. Please help me to add more folders name in this post if you know.

 /home/USERNAME

This is your 'Home' folder. Your documents, music, pictures, videos, downloads etc. are live here.

If you press "Ctrl+h" in this folder's window, all hidden files will be visible.

/home/USERNAME/.config

This is the folder where your computers configuration files will be preserved.

/home/USERNAME/.config/lxpanel/Lubuntu/panels

You can make 4 panels in lxde desktop. Created panels and added shortcut links and there configuration files are saved here.

/usr/share/applications
user-share-applications-screenshot-my-computer
applications screenshot in my computer

This folder is for applications shortcut file. (.desktop file)


/usr/share/icons

You can get icon from this folder. Even download icons should extraced here.

/var/cache/apt/archives

All download applications, tools, libraries, dependency, installer, .deb files are saved here. After certain installation or update you could copy all files from here and burn them in a cd for further use. You can convey installed software application in this way and install them in your friends computer.

downloaded-files-in-archives-folder-lubuntu-lxde-linux
My downloaded files in 'archives' folder

I have 460 items in this folder. Total size of files is 361.8 MB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...