Lubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 Was Released

I am a real let guy. LXDE based ubuntu distribution Lubuntu 10.04 beta 02 was published 12 April. But I did not post on this great news. What a fool I am? Yes, I am a lazy person too. So, can not check latest information on time.

You know that LXDE (Lightweight x11 desktop environment) is a very fast desktop environment. It is really extremely fast performing and energy saving desktop environment. So, it support low hardware based computer like older, netbook etc.

Canonical (UBUNTU) thought that if they build a distribution based on LXDE, that will be popular to low end user. So they made a variation named "LUBUNTU". 12 April 2010 was the date of Lubuntu 10.04 beta 2 release date.

What changes were made after beta 1? On mailing list I have found some changes are:
== New stuff since Beta 1 ==
* Auto-login at install time
* Support encrypted home directory
* Up-to-date lxdm, libfm and pcmanfm2

== Specific Lubuntu changes ==
Lubuntu still contains modifications not available in the official
repository, you can see them in the Lubuntu PPA [1] :
- New pcmanfm2 and libfm (LP: #523433)
- lubuntu-default-settings with pcmanfm2 support
- Fix for blurry shutdown-icon from elementary-icons (LP: #527345)
- Autologin support in ubiquity (LP: #546445)
- New lxdm
Remember that this version is not for regular use. It is still beta now. Use it only for testing purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...