So I am writing the post. I have two optical drive attached on my machine. I will create two buttons to open or close my first CD Drive. I will create buttons on top or side menu on Ubuntu Linux Desktop system.
Open Close One Click Button for CD Drive:
- a. Right click on panel body. A drop-down or pop-up menu will open.
- b. Select 'Add to Panel' from the list. A 'Add to Panel' dialogue window will open.
- c. Click on "Custom Application Launcher' to create a new launcher.
- d. Now type description and command one by one as shown on the picture below.
- I wrote 'Open CD Rom' on Name field.
- At Command text box I wrote "eject /dev/sr0" to Eject my first optical drive that is CD Drive.
- At Comment text field I wrote 'Open CD Tray'. Remember you can write anything on 'Name' and 'Comment' box. But must write perfect command on 'Command' field.
- e. Now click on "Close" button. You will find a new launcher on panel. Click on this button. You primary drive tray will open instantly.
- Right click on Panel.
- Select 'Add to Panel'.
- Select "Custom Application Launcher' to create a new launcher.
- Write anything on 'Name' and 'Comment' Field.
- But type a little different on 'Command' field. Closing command is quite different from Opening Command.
- Write "eject -t /dev/sr0" Don't make mistake to give space on both side (front and end) of '-t' syntax there.
Open DVD drive tray one click button on Ubuntu Linux
Close DVD drive tray one click button on Ubuntu Linux
Now you can open and close your systems cd or dvd or blue ray drive tray with a single mouse click. No need to press front-end button manually to get access of drive tray. Put compact disc on drive tray with left hand and press close button to close tray with right hand using mouse. Still you failed to understanding something? Please do not feel hesitation to inform me as a comment.