open close CD tray by mouse click on ubuntu

There are a simple method to open and close CD/DVD ROM (or any disk drive) tray with a single mouse click.

To eject CD ROM Tray
Just type eject on terminal

To close CD ROM Tray
Type eject -t on terminal.

If you make two launcher using this commands. Change icon as your desire and add them on top panel, then it would be very curious for any windows user.

You can use eject /dev/sr1 command to specify a CD/ DVD drive if you have more then one.

Can't understand yet? Please inform me by a comment I will explain you details. You can check 'eject --help' man page for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I did not understand what are you saying. Please explain details. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. me no understand too.

    ReplyDelete

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...