install .bin file in ubuntu Linux

I am using Ubuntu Linux 10.10 in my machine. Today I got a game (Lugaru). This is a .bin file. Now I need to install it in my Ubuntu machine. But I don't know how to install .bin file in ubuntu linux. I searched with Google and found some result.

Using terminal or shell, this kind of .bin file can be easily install within 2 or 3 command. Look at the command below to know about installing, handling or managing a .bin file.

Go into a terminal and run the command. You should know the directory where the .bin file is.
chmod a+x name_of_file.bin
Now run the command below in terminal shell
sudo ./name_of_file.bin
This way you can install any kind of file containing .bin extension, such "jdk-1_5_0_08-linux-i586.bin" or "lugaru-linux-x86-1.0c.bin".

I found this tips at Ubuntu Forum.org.

I got an another kind of tips at Linux forum,
open a terminal and run this:
chmod +x file.bin
./file.bin
I did not test this command. But I wish this might be helpfull when I really need it.

1 comment:

  1. Superb!! it install within seconds. Thanks maxim, you make me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...