Show My computer Recycle Bin in desktop on Ubuntu

I have completed downloading of Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx). Before writing a review I want to tell you a little tweaks. Normally there is no any 'My computer', 'My documents', 'Recycle Bin' in Ubuntu desktop. We can show them all doing a little trick.
  1. First of all Press Alt+F2 at a time.
  2. Run Applications window is opened. Run application in ubuntu lucid lynx
  3. Type "gconf-editor" and press enter or click on 'Run' button.
  4. Clicking on 'Run' button, "Configuration Editor" will open.
  5. Here I went to "apps/nautilus/desktop"
  6. Now time to change some default settings

  7. ubuntu configuration editor
  8. Look at the image. At the right side I have changed some settings.
  9. To show 'My computer' in desktop I double click on <no value> a new window opened.
  10. Edit key in configuration editor on ubuntu
  11. In the 'Type' field I changed it to 'String' and write my desired name in 'Value' field and pressed OK.
  12. Then I ticked on the 'Computer icon visible' check-box.
  13. In this way I changed all the key name.
  14. At last I remove tick from 'volumes visible' check-box. Removing tick mark from here I disable showing a mounted drive in desktop.
my computer, my home, trash icons on ubuntu lucid 10.04 desktopNow 'My computer', 'My Home' and 'Trash' icons are showing in my Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx desktop.

2 comments:

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...