Ubuntu 12.04 Unity and HUD experience

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 since its release. It takes on 2.1 GB after complete install. It is really good thing about saving space.
Ubuntu 12.04 takes 2.1 GiB space on hard disk after install
Ubuntu 12.04 takes 2.1 GiB space on hard disk after install
But still after two weeks I am sorry to say that it failed to satisfy me. Here are some example to explain my pain about Ubuntu 12.04 and its Unity desktop and HUD.


System Problem
After completing install it sows some error message. Here is an example. It says: System program problem detected. Do you want to report the problem now? I just install it and it is saying that system program is on problem? What a mysterious thing it is. It said me to report but did not tell what kind of problem it is. I did not report. Just click on Cancel.
System program problem detected after install Ubuntu 12.04
System program problem detected after install Ubuntu 12.04

Huge update.
After two weeks Ubuntu offer me to download an upgrade whice size is 92.7 MB. What a astonishing thing it is? System update offer me 70.1 MB download after 4 days of installation. I am not sure if it is normal or not.
Ubuntu 12.04 offer 92.7 MB download after two weeks
Ubuntu 12.04 offer 92.7 MB download after two weeks
Overlapping everything.
Look at the image below. It cover my active desktop, open website/ blogs/ files with Dash and HUD. I don't like it. If I like to search anything, then why do I need to cover my every work to find it? Say, I am reading an e-book. Now I need to know an word meaning. So I am going to open dictionary. Now if I search dictionary, I need to stop reading for overlapping reason. I do not understand this philosophy created by Mark Shuttleworth. Sorry to say that I wont use Ubuntu 12.04 only for this reason.
Unity cover overlap my active open desktop, files, website, blog Ubuntu 12.04
HUD overlap my active desktop, files, website, blog

Ubuntu one crashed.
When I going to install Ubuntu one on my desktop it closed unexpectedly.It said: Ubuntu one installer crashed with Transection Failed. Package ubuntuone-control-panel-qt isn't available. I don't know what is the reason behind this but I feel disturb.
Ubuntu one crashed closed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 12.04
Ubuntu one closed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 12.04
It request me to 'Send an error report to help fix the problem'. I send it but did not get any reply.
Ubuntu one crashed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 12.04
Ubuntu one crashed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 12.04
Longer time to detect modem.
I connect modem with my computer instantly found Ubuntu 10.04. I know that 10.10 and next versions takes longer time to detect and connect my Nokia e51 mobile phone with pc. I thought this waiting time will decrees on Ubuntu 12.04 because it is LTS. But alas! My bad luck. It still takes up to 1 minute to detect my mobile phone.

Only Chinese language input method on ibus
Ubuntu 12.04 is not install any other language input method on ibus except Chinese pinyin and Bopomofo. I don't know what is in the mind of canonical. Are they thinking that only chinese people love to use Ubuntu? I published an post about other language on ibus. Read -How to install iBus on Ubuntu 12.04 and found your local language typing method on ibus preference.

I am thinking to switch to another linux distro after having a very nice experience with Ubuntu for 3 years. Sorry Ubuntu, I think you don't want me to stay with you anymore. I discover/ found freedom with you, I feel speedy with you, I feel safe with you, I connect internet and browse through sites safely with you for long time. But Unity has destroyed my good feelings about you. I do not like your left-side launcher. It cover my desktop space, I have no any way to place applet anywhere, I do not like hiding any site or file which I am reading on that time when I tried to search an application at the same moment. Sorry, I don't like to say bad about you any more. You are my first linux love. And I won't forget you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...