Repair corrupted Ubuntu file system error (Solved)

One day suddenly you found that your Ubuntu machine is not opening. It says
GRUB loading.
error:unknown filesystem
grub rescue>
So, you should understand that your home or filesystem (root) has crashed. All thing has gone aka vanished. Don't worry friend. Here is a method to solve your problem. This command can repair a bad file system and can help you to backup valuable data.

Run with a live Ubuntu CD. When desktop appear open terminal and type:
sudo fsck.ext4 -f /dev/sda?
Replace '?' with your corrupted/ damaged partition number. It might be sda1 or sda2 or else. If your file system is ext3 then replace 'ext4' with 'ext3'. So the command may look like
sudo fsck.ext4 -f /dev/sda1
You may need to type password and press 'Y' if it require.

Sorry, to say that I have managed to repair/ restore my friends file system with this command. But my own crashed file system (Hard disk partition) did not obey this command. So do it at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...