Today we will learn how to make our blogger/ blogspot hosted blog a environment friendly website. Our blog will reduce CO2 on environment and will neutralize our CO2 footprints. This will work actively for 24 hours and will count every second. Do not doubt it activeness. It is a famous web tool to make this world more greener with the help of online.
What they say on their site:
The standby engine is a project developed to reduce power consumption, when generating and displaying a website, without changing user experience while using the website. This is done by covering the site in a stationary, black color, which hides visual effects making the visitor's computer use less energy generating and displaying these.Ok, lets start....
It might not seem like a lot of difference, but after all every little bit does count.
- Log in to your blogger account.
- Directly go to Design> Edit HTML
- You don't need to click on "Expand Widget Templates".
- Scroll down to where you see the </head> tag of your template.
- Now copy the code below and paste it just before the </head> tag
- Save template and preview it on another tab of your browser.
- As this code published if your blog reader inactive on your site for several seconds (your site will wait 120 seconds as the code given) then it will hide under a black colour shade and show some message on shady color. (As the image used on this post)
- To remove the blacking shadow just move mouse over the site.
- Some people called it website screen saver, I don't think it is perfect, though you can say it.