Ubuntu mascots image and code names from first to last

We know that Ubuntu Linux is the one of the popular Linux distribution in the world. It started it journey since 2005. After first release Ubuntu is making history again and again. In the desktop computing everybody use Windows. Linux is better in security and durable, stability but there is no much easy graphical support in here. Ubuntu change the tradition. It makes a better and easy to understand desktop. So a general user like me can understand what a Linux power is. Really I wanted to use linux since 2002. But everything looks very abracadabra and hard to do. I know there is a famous distribution name Red Hat Linux. There are also SUSE, Mandrake (Mandriva) and so on. I tried them all. But there is no any community support on those linux. So when I stag in a simple problem, I did not get any help from anybody. When I meet with Ubuntu and its community I realize that what makes it popular. So I started to use Ubuntu and still love on it.

From beginning Ubuntu use two word codename and select a animal as it's mascot. Here is the all mascot images from the first one to last upcoming release.
Ubuntu 4.10 Warty Warthog



Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog

Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger
Two month cycle has broke at 6.04 release. This version published after 2 moth of schedule time. But it had 5 years support.
Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake

Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft

Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Upcoming Ubuntu will be publish on this April. So its version is 10.04. It's codename is "Lucid Lynx"
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
 10.10 version's codename is "Maverick Meerkat". Here is the image of that fast, social and lovely animal.
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me to improve my English. Please Email me or comment below. Thanks...